What makes Green Gone work so well?
Green Gone contains the following herbal blend to eliminate THC metabolites:
- St John Wort - A natural plant proven to be a potent liver enzyme inducer. THC is heavily metabolized by the liver through enzymes separated into CYP families based on their cytochrome spectrum of activity. St John Wort has been show in studies to more than double the activity of these enzymes, specifically 2C9 and 3A4, the same enzyme systems responsible for the metabolism of THC to more water soluble compounds such as the carboxylic metabolite THC-COOH, and other hydroxylated derivatives that can then participate in phase 2 chemical reactions such as glucoronidation, in which a sugar moiety is attached to the partially metabolized THC to increase urine solubility and subsequent clearance of the THC.
- Sodium bicarb - This helps to increase the pH of urine. One of the limiting factors of clearing THC is the acidic metabolites are similar in pH to that of urine, which also normally runs slightly acidic on a 1-14 standard pH scale. pH is also a logarithmic scale so for every 1 unit it increases on the scale is a 10 fold change to solubility potential, a change of 2 is 100 fold and so on. The idea here is to constantly keep your urine pH 1 or 2 units higher than usual. This will encourage ionization of the acidic metabolites and greatly increase their solubility in an aqueous polar solution like that of water, and your urine is almost entirely water.
- White willow 15% extract - This was another big breakthrough for us. Using molecular docking software, we were able to make a 3-dimensional model of both THC and the albumin binding sites in the blood. THC is usually 95-99% protein bound to albumin. The bound THC cannot be metabolized or cleared through the kidney because it is stuck to the protein that is too large to pass across the nephron membrane into the urine. Your body does this naturally to maintain vascular pressure. White Willow contains salicyclates similar to those found in aspirin, which is amino-salicyclic acid. Salicyclates are similar in chemical structure to THC metabolites, causing them to bind to some of the same sites on albumin. With a salicyclate now bound to albumin in THC's normal binding position, this free metabolite can now be both metabolized and cleared. This is a pharmacology concept known as competitive binding where 2 chemicals are competing for the same binding sites, and the protein binding effect in this situation is thereby reduced.
- Horsetail extract - A mild, all natural diuretic. Many of the products online contain diuretics but we wanted to take it further. By modifying the above so now you have: increased liver activity, decreased protein binding in blood, and increased urine pH now not only are you simply making more urine, but the urine you are making has significantly higher concentrations of metabolites when compared to prior.
- Psyllium husk - Half or more of all THC is excreted through the bowels. The idea here is to add a source of fiber to bind THC in the gut, minimize re absorption in the lower intestinal track, and increase excretion in the feces.
All blended together at proven effective doses in 100% vegan-friendly plant gel capsules!
Check out our products: https://greengonedetox.com/collections/all