Not everyone is ready to go straight to their doctor at the first sign of anxiety. For many, natural, holistic treatments for anxiety work great! Wondering what people use to calm their minds and emotions? Explore this blog from Green Gone Detox to learn more about the best herbal supplements for anxiety, as well as different techniques you can try today.
1. Exercise MoreAt this point, it’s a well known fact that exercising releases endorphins, improves your mood and memory, and helps you sleep better at night. In some ways, working out is a short-term solution that can immediately relieve your disquiet, but it’s also a long-term holistic treatment for anxiety that you can maintain for the rest of your life. Exercise is one of many components of healthy, happy living.
2. Get Eight Hours of Sleep
Oftentimes, insomnia and anxiety go hand in hand. If you want to limit the effects of anxiety, getting enough sleep is one of the best ways to calm yourself. Create good sleeping habits and regulate your nighttime routine when you make sure to prioritize the following:
- Sleep only at night
- Don’t read or watch TV in bed
- No phones or computers in bed
- If you can’t fall asleep, leave your bed and go to a different space until you get tired
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine before bed
- Keep your room dark and cool
- Write a list of your worries to get them out of your head before bed
- Keep the same bedtime each night
Making each of these a habit helps you benefit from healthy sleep rhythms, providing a foundation for your holistic treatment for anxiety.
3. Ditch Caffeine
For people who have had anxiety for a long time, you probably already know that caffeine is not your friend. Whether it’s a strong black tea, coffee, energy shots, or sodas, you should be avoiding them all when trying holistic treatments for anxiety.
Caffeine in any form can cause nervousness, jitters, and heart palpitations—which aren’t good when you’re already anxious. In extreme cases, caffeine can make your anxiety worse, and even cause panic attacks!
4. Try Herbal Supplements
There are many different natural herbs and minerals you can try as holistic treatments for anxiety. Some of the best supplements for anxiety include:
- Valerian Root: A common sleep aid, this supplement affects your neurotransmitters to help regulate stress and anxiety.
- B-Vitamins: Keeping your nervous system functional with these vitamins ensures your body has normal stress responses to emotional triggers.
- Passionflower: Known to alleviate nervousness and promote positive mood changes, this flower can be consumed in tea.
- GABA: Also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, this amino acid increases serotonin production in the brain.
Reduce Anxiety Today
Many people don’t think about how marijuana affects their body and mind. Smoking too much has been known to cause paranoia and anxiety. If you think cannabis could be contributing to a rise in your anxiety, Green Gone Detox can help with a supplement to flush your system of any cannabinoids. Take our Detox Calculator Quiz today to learn which detox kit is right for you.